Monday, October 26, 2009

I look GREAT in Green.

Today I was parked in front of my house idling the engine while I checked my email and it occurred to me that I would need a size 67 shoe to contain my carbon footprint. I don't get the newspaper (I hate how they smell) and I don't drink soda so I figured that I was already helping by limiting my post-consumer waste. I even buy the recycled paper towels and toilet paper, occasionally remember to bring my own reusable shopping bags to the grocery, and understand how 20oz plastic Coke bottles become fabric (which is crazy cool!) so I'm practically Captain Planet, right? Turns out that I'm not. Without even thinking about it, I threw away two yellow pages and a fat stack of phone books in a cleaning frenzy, I don't think to recycle my work papers unless I happen to be standing in front of the recycling bin, and I do things like sit in my car with the engine and ac/heat (depending on the season) and read emails and talk on the phone.

I'm going to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment